Upgrading from 10.04 to 10.10

Rob robfleet at dslextreme.com
Mon Oct 11 19:39:04 UTC 2010

Greetings all,

I have tried several times in the last two days to upgrade my system
from Ubuntu 10.04 to 10.10 by using Alt F2 to bring up the "command box"
into which I type "upgrade-manager -d".  I am then confronted by a box
that announces "New Ubuntu release '10.10 is available'".  Clicking on
the button that says "Upgrade" and I am presented with a Welcome pop-up
that announces "...This is still a RELEASE-CANDIDATE release.  Do not
install it on production machines"

This gives me pause.  Is there some configuration within the upgrade
manager I should be changing?

Tks in advance.

RobF