How to report an installation issue?

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Mon Oct 11 08:59:21 UTC 2010

On 11/10/2010 18:49, Marcelo Magno T. Sales wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to install Ubuntu 10.10 from a usb stick and the following
> message is displayed while the system is loading:
> "unable to find a medium containing a live file system"
>
> The boot process does not finish. I've googled this error, but have
> found only problems related to flat cables, faulty CD-ROM drives or
> faulty disks, which does not apply to my usb stick. I got this error
> with three different usb sticks, both with Kubuntu 10.10 32 bits install
> and Ubuntu 10.10 32 bits install. On the other hand, I can boot Ubuntu
> 9.10 with no problem from the same usb sticks.
>
> So, I would like to report a bug. However, how do I do that? ubuntu-bug
> requires me to have the system already installed. I could report from
> another system, but ubuntu-bug requires me to inform the package where I
> found the error. I don't know which program fails during installation,
> nor what package it belongs to (if indeed it belongs to a package) and
> even if I did, it certainly will not match the package with the same
> name in the system I would use to report the bug (if the package exists
> in this other system).
>
> So, how to file the bug?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Marcelo

Question: how did you manage to get the Maverick installation on to an
USB stick to be able to install 10.10 from an USB stick?

(And when you are answering this then maybe you might come across a bug
which I believe was mentioned about getting Maverick on to a USB stick
for installation.....but I may be wrong - I often "hear the bell" but
cannot remember "where the sound came from" (a bad, but brave,
translation of an old saying... :-( ))

BC

--
Went to a discount massage parlour the other day. Wasn't 'til I paid me money that I found out that it was self-service.