libs, headers, and compilations

Verde Denim tdldev at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 22:38:52 UTC 2010

Turns out I need the latest and greatest version of msf on my ubuntu
portable for work, so I've been following the instructions on their site
which (I have to say so far) are pretty good.
In compiling lorcon, however, I noted a couple of warnings that I cannot
quite interpret and am hoping someone here can help with -

checking for linux/if_arp.h usability... no
checking for linux/if_arp.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: linux/if_arp.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: linux/if_arp.h: check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: linux/if_arp.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: linux/if_arp.h: section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
configure: WARNING: linux/if_arp.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's
result
configure: WARNING: linux/if_arp.h: in the future, the compiler will take
precedence
checking for linux/if_arp.h... yes

checking for linux/wireless.h usability... no
checking for linux/wireless.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: linux/wireless.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: linux/wireless.h: check for missing prerequisite
headers?
configure: WARNING: linux/wireless.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: linux/wireless.h: section "Present But Cannot Be
Compiled"
configure: WARNING: linux/wireless.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's
result
configure: WARNING: linux/wireless.h: in the future, the compiler will take
precedence
checking for linux/wireless.h... yes
configure: WARNING: Missing libnl netlink library will not be able to
control mac80211 vaps
no libnl/libnl doesn't have mac80211 support

I did check for these header files and they are on the system under
/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.32-25/include/linux/ (as well as under the
25-generic subdir)

Am I missing something else?

Thanks, as always for the input.

Jack