a question about ddns3-client

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 10 20:29:53 UTC 2010

On 10/10/2010 09:36 AM, Scott Berry wrote:
> hELLO THERE,
>
> cOULD SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO GET THE HANDLE FOR THE WWW.DYNDNS.COM SITE
> SO THAT i CAN ACTIVATE THE DDNS3-CLIENT.  i HAVE ALREADY SET UP AN
> ACCOUNT WITH DYNDNS AS PILOTALK.DYNDNS.BIZ.  tHE fqdn DOESN'T REALLY
> MATCH BUT i NEED IT TO STAY pRINCESS BECAUSE THE NETWORK HERE AT HOME.

You might want to fix your Caps lock key...

I've not used ddns3-client as I just use ddclient, however perhaps these
will help:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/lucid/ddns3-client
<quote>
This package installs a DNS update client, ddns3, for Dynamic DNS
version 3 used by server ddns.nu in Sydney, Australia. After server
account creation edit /etc/default/ddns3-client to activate ddns3.
</quote>

$ man ddns3-client

or

http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/lucid/man1/ddns3.1.html
Also be aware of:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ddns3-client/+bug/174997
[World-readable config file is insecure]