[10.10]-Does Not Shut Down Gracefully?

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 03:16:32 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-10-09 at 18:47 -0500, Jordon Bedwell wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-10-09 at 19:37 -0400, Ric Moore wrote:

> > > Your Windows buddies could've enabled verbose boot on their boxes too. :)
> >
> > Heh, and view what? "DOS Hunt the Wumpus" going on? Or Pacman?
> > <chuckles> I moved to Linux shortly after win 3.1.1 so I had no clue
> > what Win95 would do and didn't care. I was lucky enough to have a friend
> > with a dedicated t.56 line to his apartment and I got my stack of
> > floppies from him, plus kernel updates. Later, we got X-11 going.
> > <cackles> Ric
>
> ahahah, that just reminded me. I still have my DOS floppies, my 3.1
> floppies and a crap ton of other stuff from the way back box.  I still
> even have a working Apple II and one of the first HP PC's to carry 3.1,
> want to borrow some of the most bad ass 5ΒΌ" floppy disk games ever
> built?  Memories.

Oh man, 3d0g! The assembler call to reboot the Apple. It's it an
Apple][ minus, the original integer basic in rom or the Apple][+ , with
floating point in rom or an "e"?  I had the original garage built
Apple ][ minus. A hackers dream! I even got interviewed in Esquire by
Leo Gomes for some shady software swapping. There was in entire
underground for swapping software, just to see who could have the
largest collection. BTW, I happen to loathe the ground Jobs walks on. :)
Ric

Linux user# 44256