Removed a file by accident

Knight knightotp at gmail.com
Sat Oct 9 14:38:52 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-10-09 at 09:15 -0500, C de-Avillez wrote:
> On Sat, 09 Oct 2010 11:16:26 +0200
> Knight <knightotp at gmail.com> wrote:
> > In order to find out to which package a file belongs you can (out of
> > the box) use:
> >
> > dpkg -S /sbin/restart
>
> dpkg only searches on installed packages. A more generic search can be
> done via 'apt-file'. To install it, 'sudo apt-get install
> apt-file'.

And you want to tell me that you have files on your computer that you
didn't install and that don't belong to any packages or are placed there
by yourself or your users? (I cannot think of any on my own systems)

And what if you cannot use apt-get to install because your uplink is
dead?

What is your answer for that case, if you got something better, please
inform me / the list?

You didn't read my email completely/careful enough that you read the
last paragraph. As that mentioned apt-file and some others..

Love to hear from you again.
--
Knight Of The Post

Linux Pro or Pro Linux?!