flash videos with firefox 4 beta and lucid do not respond to mouse clicks

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sat Oct 9 08:49:59 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-10-09 at 09:16 +0100, Colin Law wrote:
> On 9 October 2010 09:07, Ric Moore <wayward4now at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I feel your pain. I keep thinking that there is some sort of notice with
> > beta releases that especially warns new users from installing them,
> > listing the many reasons, followed by the caveat that IT IS NOT
> > OFFICIALLY SUPPORTED,
>
> OK.
>
> > ergo neither do we on this list. ...
>
> I don't think that is correct.  There is nothing wrong with asking
> about problems with pre-release versions here, provided they are
> sensible.  The poster must accept, of course, that there may be no-one
> who can help with the problem.

The crust of the biscuit is that a self professed newbie needn't go
there. Especially when the stock version works just fine. If he'd stay
with the stock releases, he'd get better support (and a measure of
sympathy) when he has problems. He really ought to stick with the 32bit
install until he has attained a proficiency level of dealing with the
various libraries.

It's a dream come true for me to have a system with zero problems. We've
come a LONG ways here. I appreciate that and don't just install stuff
willy-nilly. I've done my share of that, back in the far past, and have
learned not to. Usually from getting my ass chewed out on a list like
this. And, hopefully, he'll learn to trust the answers he gets.
Hopefully. Ric

Linux user# 44256