flash videos with firefox 4 beta and lucid do not respond to mouse clicks

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sat Oct 9 08:07:06 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-10-09 at 18:29 +1100, Basil Chupin wrote:
> On 09/10/2010 18:08, Tapas Mishra wrote:
> > As per the instructions given on
> > http://www.liberiangeek.net/2010/07/install-firefox-4-0-beta-ubuntu-10-04-lucid-lynx/
> > I upgraded to latest firefox since I am unable to have videos being
> > watched on firefox in my system.
> > I disabled
> > dom.ipc.plugins.enabled
> > from "false" to "true"
> > also disabled Ubuntu firefox modifications
> > and there are no plugins installed.
> > I had a similar problem in an old version of firefox have asked on this lisk
> > http://old.nabble.com/arrow-keys-not-working%28some-times%29-when-I-am-using-Firefox-page-up-and-page-down-also-is-not-working%28some-times%29-Ubuntu-10.04-64-bit-Firefox-3.6.8-td29615707.html
> >

> You're not really a member of this planet, or even perhaps this solar
> system, *ARE* you? Which part of the solar system do you come from?

Planet Beta.

> I ask this in all sincerity, and *after* calm and considered
> contemplation - including a half-hour of Transcendental Meditation.

My karma is shot. I tried to corpse pose, but my tiny green island has
become blotched with some sort of beta fungus. It creeps in.

> "As per the instructions given on
> http://www.liberiangeek.net/2010/07/install-firefox-4-0-beta-ubuntu-10-04-lucid-lynx/....."
> - so why don't you go *there* and ask your question *there*, for chrissake?!
>
> (And YES, Tom H, any post FROM this source has been added to the "Go
> Directly to Bottom of Lavatory Folder, Do not Pass Go....", etc. Sheesh!

I feel your pain. I keep thinking that there is some sort of notice with
beta releases that especially warns new users from installing them,
listing the many reasons, followed by the caveat that IT IS NOT
OFFICIALLY SUPPORTED, ergo neither do we on this list. ...and those
words become written on a silk scarf that drifts off in a breeze of
"Claire De Lune", all tinkling and sparkley and my tiny green island
turns into a smoldering festering lump of old goat cheese. Forget
meditation, I'm going to go and kick a tree. I swear this guy is Karl.

Linux user# 44256