How to set up wireless internet in ubuntu 10.04.1

Ashim Kapoor ashimkapoor at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 12:46:19 UTC 2010

Dear Tapas,

In my windows I see my own wifi as well as the neighbour's wifi connection.

Here is the output of iwlist :-

ashimkapoor at ubuntu-laptop:/var$ iwlist scan
lo        Interface doesn't support scanning.

eth0      Interface doesn't support scanning.

wlan0     Failed to read scan data : Network is down

pan0      Interface doesn't support scanning.

Waiting for your comments,
Many thanks,
Ashim