exporting csv contacts from gmail account to openoffice spreadsheet

Tapas Mishra mightydreams at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 07:01:28 UTC 2010

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 11:49 PM, Jordon Bedwell <jordon at envygeeks.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-10-07 at 23:44 +0530, Tapas Mishra wrote:
>> Which line you did not understand let me know I will try to explain.
>
> The better answer would have been: <Insert Entire E-Mail Elaboration>

Here is a tutorial
http://www.labnol.org/software/mail-merge-with-gmail/13289/
which I am trying to work on my machine.

That links talks about creating a mail merge in gmail.
When I open the csv files or import them in openoffice spreadsheet
what I see in my contact list when I download from my gmail account is
624 rows and each row has a single column and delimiter being comma
,,, which is not once but many times.

The situation which is troubling is uneven formatting of csv file that
I download.Which does not open properly in any open office or spreadhseet
programme.

In some places the number of comma ,,, appearance of star * ,presence
of phone number * are  not certain.
So I can not go and copy paste manually 624 contacts to one excel
sheet as given on the above tutorial.
Is there an easy way to work in this situation.