A+ material

Jordon Bedwell jordon at envygeeks.com
Fri Oct 8 04:54:23 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-10-08 at 11:21 +0800, Christopher Chan wrote:
> Some things translate over to UNIX and others don't. The others are
> merely a matter of learning what tools on UNIX do the equivalent on
> Redhat while there will be some things that have no Linux equivalent and
> therefore completely new to the RHCE holder. I am running OpenSolaris
> and have been running it for over two years now. I may take a bit more
> time for certain things due to needing to go through the fine
> documentation (Ubuntu documentation writers should learn from them)
> provided by Sun Microsystems but I do not see that what I have learned
> on Linux as being completely useless in the Solaris environment. It is a
> far cry from a paper certificate.
>
> I have not taken any Solaris exams so I cannot compare and comment so I
> do not know how much they are stretching the idea that the RHCE is the
> best also for the UNIX world.

I know this, and you missed the entire point.  I have taken Redhat and I
have looked at Sun training, I still have my training material.  My
statement still stands.  Redhat is to Unix what CompTIA is to
certifications.  I could write this entire explanation, I did, but it's
better we let this thread play it's way out and let this young gentleman
figure out if it's worth it on his own.