A+ material

J dreadpiratejeff at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 13:42:25 UTC 2010

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 03:39, Thufir Hawat <hawat.thufir at gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems like the books with an accompanying disc or discount on the exam
> itself are, unsurprisingly, Windows centric.
>
> I was looking at sites like:
>
> http://www.atiatraining.com/
>
> Probably I could run their videos under wine, or, maybe not.  While I'm
> aware of free sites, I was just wondering if anyone had specific insight
> into preparing for the exam.

A: what does this have to do with Ubuntu?

B: I have an A+ cert...  the exam was at the time 1/2 hardware 1/2
windows applications.

C: the A+ cert if a worthless paper cert that really won't get you
anything beyond a job at Best Buy (and even that's not guaranteed).
All the labs and tech companies I've ever worked for just looked at
the A+ on my resume and either asked what that was, or said they
really didn't care.