Driven to pull my hair out with Firefox

David Houston root at crankyadmin.net
Thu Oct 7 07:43:01 UTC 2010

 On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 11:40 PM, Robert Holtzman <holtzm at cox.net> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 06, 2010 at 08:02:04AM +0200, Xurde Sierra wrote:
> > I was having with Firefox simply stalling on random websites. In most
> cases, a
> > simple page refresh takes care of the problem but not always. I read a
> message
> > that said it might be related to IPv6 and that I should disable it in
> Firefox's
> > config. I did and there is virtually no change at all.  At first, it
> seemed
> > like there might have been a change but, on a second examination, there
> wasn't.
>
> A post substantially identical to this (even the wording) by an
> individual calling himself Anthony Papillion showed up on 9/20. That post
> also included the same lack of information, ie browser and OS version,
> add ons installed, etc.

Just out of curiosity, are you using 64bit Flash? I am seeing similar
behavior with

Firefox 64bit
Flash 64bit 10.1 r85

As soon as I disable flash the problem disappears altogether.

I did not see the original request for help, so I don't now how similar the
issues are, but food for thought at least.

Cheers

Dave
Email: root at crankyadmin.net
Web: www.crankyadmin.net