about new release which will be on 10th Oct <N-EOT>

Jordon Bedwell jordon at envygeeks.com
Thu Oct 7 07:47:56 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-10-07 at 08:56 +0200, Amedee Van Gasse (ub) wrote:
> It's a hashtag. Welcome to the 3rd millennium.

This isn't twitter, get confused much?  Hash tags are used for keyword
searches, I can't click that hash tag and see every post on this list
with the word 'rolleyes' or tag 'rolleyes'.

I didn't know I lived in another millennium, glad to know (that you
discovered) that I am one of those people scientists often theorize
about that can tap the infinite space time continuum to live in another
time.  I shall try to go back and meet Queen Victoria so that I may gain
more personal insight into her life, and to learn how she was so great
even in the face of all the deception she was around while growing up.

> http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/native_speaker
> Noun
>
> native speaker (plural native speakers)
>
>     A person who grew up with a particular language as their mother tongue.
>
>         a native speaker of English

Intriguing find (I give credit to Google for helping me):

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/native_language
Noun
native language (plural native languages)
   1. The language of a Native or Aboriginal people (often capitalized).

> 215,423,557 (age 5 or older) inhabitants of the United States
> of America are native speakers of English, according to the US
> Census 2000.

According to the US census, I'm native speaker of the multiple languages
I speak because I grew up in a multi-language household. That means I
end up on all languages lists for the languages I speak, plus growing up
in a multi-language household. Hardly accurate accounting.

> You probably assume that "native language" == "language of the native
> inhabitants". That assumption appears to be false, according to the
> dictionaries that I consulted.

I just proved that it was not, in-fact, an assumption. I'll take
Computer Engineering for 700 points Alex. Thanks.  I would like
something more challenging than a clever' Google search could not figure
out easily.  Thanks again Alex.

> Infinite wisdom.

Stop taking the piss.  You and that other bloke.

> Back to Linux!

Good luck.