problem in installing flash on lucid 10.04 64 bit "Package adobe flash is virtual"

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 18:23:36 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-10-06 at 13:17 +0100, Alan Pope wrote:
> On 6 October 2010 13:08, Tapas Mishra <mightydreams at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 5:31 PM, Alan Pope <alan at popey.com> wrote:
> >> I requested those files to debug the specific issue you had at the
> >> time. I requested the contents of /etc/apt/sources.list.d/* not a list
> >> of files in /etc/apt.d/* (which you posted)
> >>
> > For you I am posting the same message again the contents of files are
> > also in this message
> > the big files I posted on paste.ubuntu.com and small ones are inlined
> > in the forwarded message.
> >

> Ok, you're not reading what I'm typing or I'm not making myself clear.
>
> I wanted the _contents_ of the _files_ in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/
>
> NOT the files in /etc/apt.d/
>
> I then requested you to issue two commands:-
>
> > What happens when you do:-
> > sudo apt-get update
> > sudo apt-get install flashplugin-installer
>
> I'm happy to help, but take a moment to read the mail first.

Forgive me if I'm being dim, but I thought he said he was doing a fresh
install. If so, I don't think that medibuntu or google repos would be
there. The Karl syndrome ...again. He had restored a bunch of cruft.

"Ok I figured out Alan had rightly pointed I was restoring the backup
from a previous partition and in that /etc/apt file the previous files
were the ones which were of mavercik in my old experiment hence I feel
this over wrote the headers of lucid and I faced this problem.
I have just formatted my hard disk by the time of writing this message
on list."

That was not the truth. Hence, your present problems. It's sad because
you make your own problems, and it's abusive to hide the facts when
asking for assistance. It's even sadder when one has to dumpster-dive
into the trash folder to check out your previous statements. That is
intellectually abusive behavior towards the group. Maybe you should just
stick with Windows. It won't let you do blow it up. Or, maybe they have
quit responding to your pleas for assistance? Ric

Linux user# 44256