login problem with Ubuntu 10.4

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 6 16:43:42 UTC 2010

On 10/06/2010 06:52 AM, macbeth wrote:
> I grabbed the 8.04 CD and installed it, using the entire disk.  And it works
> just fine.
>
> Now, I would like to go back and try 10.04 again and I have a little time.
> Before I start, any thoughts on what to look for, apart from the logs?  And
> yes, I will check the logs!
>
> The machine itself, is an old AMD Athlon XP 2400+ based machine, 1GB memory
> with integrated video.

My _guess_ is that it's a video/graphics issue. Can you please provide
the machine details? You can do this from 8.04 or from a liveCD:

$ sudo lshw > myhardware.txt
$ gedit myhardware.txt

Now copy the contents of myhardware.txt and past into:

http://paste.ubuntu.com/

and then post the url to the past. Please don't past the contents here -
thanks.