No easy mounting of nfs shares (Maverick, solved)

Thierry de Coulon tcoulon at decoulon.ch
Wed Oct 6 16:04:22 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 06 October 2010, Jordon Bedwell wrote:

> You mind telling me which SSD you got? I bought an Intel SSD but I've
> been neglecting to install it and bench it so I was just wondering which
> SSD you bought and if you would be willing to run a bench and post the
> results.  I might just hold onto it until next year when I can pick up
> the new Intel SSD's coming out with twice the capacity and speed.

I've heard good about the Intels as far as performance goes. Mine is the OCZ
Technology Vertex Series 60GB. They sold it for 166 Swiss Francs (should be
about the same amount in US $ at the time).

If you tell me what sort of benchmarks you'd like I'd be happy to run them.

> Sometimes I wish they would remove it, because it reminds me too much of
> Windows, but at the same time, I wouldn't live without it because it
> really does have a lot of nice tweaks.  My favorite happens to be moving
> the Close, Maximise and Minimise to the left, I'm not a Mac user >.>

I use Close:Minimise,Maximise - I never got used to Microsofts close button on
the top right (I was an OS/2 user...).

I found out you can completely kill the touchpad in there too, get back the
Trashcan on the desktop...

And I've made a full backup id the SSD with Image for Linux, so I can
experiment  at will and quickly put back a fresh working copy when I've
screwed up everything.

What a wonderful world :))

Thierry

--
"We live at a time when emotions and feelings count more than truth, an there
is a vast ignorance of science" James Lovelock