No easy mounting of nfs shares (Maverick, solved)

Thierry de Coulon tcoulon at decoulon.ch
Wed Oct 6 15:39:03 UTC 2010

OK, so I received my SSD and made a fresh install (Maverick RC + updates, some
KDE stuff I want to use, autofs). I set up auto.master and auto.nfs, and I
created the links in .gtk-bookmarks...

and it works!

So: if you play with installing Gnome, KDE 4 and Kubuntu-Trinity at the same
time, be aware that this setup can screw up lots of things.

Thanks Jordon for the infos about .gtk-bookmarks, that's a good second best to
my old KDE 3 Desktop shares.

And my Laptop boots in just 19 seconds and takes 6 seconds to shutdown. That
incredibly fast afterweeks of trying to get KDE 4 to work (took good 45
seconds to start, at least).

So my Thinkpad Edge will use Maverick. Besides, there are *lots* of
interresting tweaks possible in gconf-editor, someone should really create a
well documented GUI tool for that (I'm afraid my programming skills don't go
far enough).

Thierry

--
"We live at a time when emotions and feelings count more than truth, an there
is a vast ignorance of science" James Lovelock