about new release which will be on 10th Oct

Tom H tomh0665 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 14:14:48 UTC 2010

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 8:55 AM, Amedee Van Gasse (ub)
<amedee-ubuntu at amedee.be> wrote:
> On Mon, October 4, 2010 19:39, Tom H wrote:

>> You're fooling yourself when you say "The Debian Way != The Ubuntu
>> Way". The Ubuntu Way is just some python scripts that simplify the
>> task but it is the Debian way simplified for users who don't want to
>> upgrade manually.
>
> Is it correct to say "The Ubuntu Way" = "The Debian Way + some extra stuff
> that you would have to do manually on Debian and almost everybody forgets
> because of that reason"?

No. If you're using "apt-get dist-upgrade", The Debian Way and The
Ubuntu Way are the same. If you're using the pre-packaged python
scripts of Ubuntu's upgrade manager, The Ubuntu Way is The Debian Way
in just one step (from the user's perspective).

>> I would add some steps to the procedure that Jordon posted but it is
>> valid and it works.
>
> Be my guest.

I'm not anyone's guest on my boxes. :)