problem in installing flash on lucid 10.04 64 bit "Package adobe flash is virtual"

Jordon Bedwell jordon at envygeeks.com
Wed Oct 6 13:18:48 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-10-06 at 14:12 +0100, Alan Pope wrote:
> On 6 October 2010 14:04, Jordon Bedwell wrote:
> > On Wed, 2010-10-06 at 13:13 +0100, Alan Pope wrote:
> >> sudo apt-get update
> >> sudo apt-get install flashplugin-installer
> >
> > Holy hell guys, lots of wasted time.  If you can't do it one way, learn
> > to do it another.  Stop relying on apt. You can't learn if apt is your
> > only tool. Seriously.  Here, let me make it easy for ya.
> >

> Thanks for the input Jordan. I wasn't attempting to point him how to
> install the flash plugin but _diagnose_ a _problem_ he had with
> installing it. There seemed to be a package management issue and the
> commands I gave may have helped reveal the cause. No need to be so
> damned rude.
>
> Al.

Rude is in the eyes of the beholder.  Just like it's rude to spell my
name wrong when it's clearly listed above your email, but we'll let that
slip, right?

I'm not trying to be an ass, but when I see 15+ emails in my inbox, none
getting anywhere near a diagnostic solution it's just better, and more
critical to point out a work around because it solves the problem and
because it's possible nobody is grasping each others emails, as each of
you clearly pointed out in a few emails.