Driven to pull my hair out with Firefox

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Wed Oct 6 06:38:05 UTC 2010

On 06/10/2010 17:28, Tapas Mishra wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 11:32 AM, Xurde Sierra
> <xurdesierraxixon at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> I was having with Firefox simply stalling on random websites. In most cases,
>> a simple page refresh takes care of the problem but not always. I read a
>> message that said it might be related to IPv6 and that I should disable it
>> in Firefox's config. I did and there is virtually no change at all.  At
>> first, it seemed like there might have been a change but, on a second
>> examination, there wasn't.
>>
> Tell what web pages were you browsing at that time.
> Paste an strace log on http://paste.ubuntu.com
> What addons,extensions,themes are installed which version of firefox
> you are using.
> What is the OS what is the hard ware configuration.

Add to that: what version of Ubuntu is being used, and which version of
Firefox is being used, as well as is it on a 32-bit or a 64-bit system
and running on what: a desktop or a laptop?

BC

--
Went to a discount massage parlour the other day. Wasn't 'til I paid me money that I found out that it was self-service.