[Maverick] Thunderbird not installing Lightning calendar on AMD64 version

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Wed Oct 6 06:34:06 UTC 2010

On 06/10/2010 16:48, sdavmor wrote:
> On 10/05/2010 10:30 PM, Jordon Bedwell wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 2010-10-05 at 22:13 -0700, sdavmor wrote:
>>
>>> Other than that annoying loss I'm very impressed with the
>>> upgrade from Lucid to Maverick.  Anyone got any suggestions for
>>> how to get the Lightning plugin to work?
>>>
>> Did you install it from the repo: xul-ext-lightning  or did you
>> download it? I suggest installing major addons like that from the
>> repo that way if they don't work you can file a bug against them
>> and let ubuntu know they need to be updated.
>>
> I tried both ways. The plugin installer indicates that it isd not yet
> compatible with AMD64. Specifically I have learned that:
>
> "A supported version of Lightning is currently not available for your
> platform, but there may be a contributed version."
>
> There is, but only for the 32bit version. I suppose I could backport
> the version of TB I was running on Lucid and go from there with the
> slightly older version of the plugin.
>
> I'll post back with the result of doing that.

But, but, but....Maverick hasn't been released yet!

The only thing around is RC1 - and there are very specific statements
not to use in a production environment.

And also that RC1 is to be used to report bugs!

Maverick, Ubuntu 10.10, will be released in 4 days from now - 10 October
- so why not wait until then?

BC

--
Went to a discount massage parlour the other day. Wasn't 'til I paid me money that I found out that it was self-service.