do-release-upgrade -d no release candidate

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Tue Oct 5 08:54:27 UTC 2010

On 5 October 2010 09:50, Tapas Mishra <mightydreams at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 2:14 PM, Alan Pope <alan at popey.com> wrote:
>>
>> What does the following command return:-
>>
>> lsb_release -a
>>
> No LSB modules are available.
> Distributor ID: Ubuntu
> Release:        10.10
> Codename:       maverick

Right, so you're already running 10.10, the development release, so
"do-release-upgrade -d" won't have any effect until about 12th October
when it will happily upgrade you to the _next_ development release
11.04 (Natty Narwhal) - and you seriously don't want to do that.

I guess the reason you're running that command is because you're
following that guide at webupd8 that I suggested you avoid. Hey ho.

Al.