about new release which will be on 10th Oct

Amedee Van Gasse (ub) amedee-ubuntu at amedee.be
Mon Oct 4 14:37:54 UTC 2010

On Mon, October 4, 2010 16:21, Jordon Bedwell wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-10-04 at 16:17 +0200, Amedee Van Gasse (ub) wrote:
>

>> Please do not recommend manual edits to sources.list!!!
>> The Ubuntu upgrade process does a bit more than just "the Debian way".
>> do-release-upgrade will work just fine.
>
> Are you trying to troll me? Did you (obviously) not read /all/ of what I
> posted? I mean seriously.  Next time please read the entire post instead
> of just selective reading. Quote from my post: "It's better on Ubuntu to
> use do-release-upgrade..." Contextual reading usually helps too, for
> example reading what I replied to so you can see why I replied in such a
> fashion.

I am not trying to troll you. The internet never forgets. If someone else
reads your post there is a chance that they will just do it The Debian
Way, and The Debian Way != The Ubuntu Way.

There is also no reason at all for false accusations of trolling or
selective reading. I *have* read your entire post. Please do not assume
that I didn't. I sincerely apologize if I have offended your feelings.