about new release which will be on 10th Oct

J dreadpiratejeff at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 13:17:30 UTC 2010

On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 08:56, Alan Pope <alan at popey.com> wrote:
> On 4 October 2010 13:14, Tapas Mishra <mightydreams at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Ok here is an article I came across.
>> http://www.webupd8.org/2010/05/how-to-upgrade-to-ubuntu-1010-maverick.html
>> Should help any one who comes across this thread.
>> I can't wait any more to upgrade.
>>

> That site is clearly run by idiots. I'd avoid it.

Well, they DID mention that was for doing an upgrade to the Maverick
packages before the first Alpha ISO was available...

OTOH, yeah, much easier to just edit update-releases and do a
do-release-upgrade -d or update-manager -d

However, for the OP, I'd suggest, as others have, to just wait until
after the 10th.  At this point, the hope is that everything is mostly
fixed (and a couple exceptions, it seems so) but 10.10 won't
officially exist until the 10th... until then, it's still an unstable
beta and should be treated as such...

Cheers
Jeff