Ubuntu and flash cookies

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Mon Oct 4 07:01:34 UTC 2010

On 02/10/2010 08:09, Robert Holtzman wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 01, 2010 at 01:03:34PM +1000, Basil Chupin wrote:
>
>> On 01/10/2010 02:38, Tab Gilbert wrote:
>>

>>> Ghostery is also a helpful extension if you want to cut down on third
>>> party data collection.
>>>
>>> tab
>>>
>> I've had Ghostery installed now for many, many months but installing
>> BetterPrivacy found 2 pages of (hidden) cookies.
>>
> I don't think Ghostery has anything to do with cookies, hidden or
> otherwise. Can anyone correct me if I'm wrong?

The probable answer is NO, but I was replying to the statement which
implied that Ghostery helped to solve the problem with cookies. Ghostery
doesn't appear to solve the cookie problem mentioned in the thread - but
I am not an expert; all I stated was that even though I have using
Ghostery for months the BetterPrivacy found 2 pages of cookies - and I
also have FF set to delete all cookies when I close FF.

BC

--
"So where's the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?"
           Christina Aquilera