TalkTalk + Huawei HG521 + Ubuntu 10.04.01 i386 + misery, ANY IDEAS?

r technical500 at talktalk.net
Fri Oct 1 23:35:49 UTC 2010

Hi,

progress report on this problem, in case you think its resolved.

The neighbourhood wireless networks are being detected, and my wireless

modem is showing up, but I CANNOT use the internet.

thus it seems the USB wireless dongle is functioning, but there is
a problem connecting to the Huawei HG521 wireless modem.

according to the iwconfig output given below it seems the
wireless dongle is communicating with the Huawei, but

when I give the network name + password + select WPA+WPA2 Personal
I cannot use the internet from Firefox.

Any ideas why?

any ideas what I should do?

Also what is BSSID?

what is MAC address?

what is MTU?

what are the correct IPv4 Settings, eg for Method,

what are the correct IPv6 settings?

I wish someone would invent plug and play for these things.

its not exactly rocket science,