Advise on motherboard purchase

r technical500 at talktalk.net
Fri Oct 1 21:58:30 UTC 2010

Hi,

the other important thing to state when building a PC is the budget!

clearly if your budget is 1000000 quid the advice is different

from if its 300 quid.

perhaps if you can give your budget and give online URLs that you

intend to purchase from, people can then shop around for you relative to that.

As building a PC is extremely specific, and depends on what components

are available at that precise moment in time from a precise set of vendors.

1 week later and the advice is different. eg I usually go for "sale" graphics

cards, eg reduced in price from 100 to 50 quid. end of season cards, save a

lot of money. And I go for a cheap Microsoft keyboard, logitech optical mouse.

quality for some things, value for others.

I tend to use dabs.com but thats if you are in the UK. Their choice is so huge

you can spend hours deciding on just 1 component.

perhaps also people reading this discussion can recommend other online stores

they found useful, and say for which country the store is.