firefox memory consumption 100% on Lucid 64

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 17:27:35 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-10-01 at 08:00 +0100, Alan Pope wrote:
> On 1 October 2010 07:56, Tapas Mishra <mightydreams at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 12:22 PM, Alan Pope <alan at popey.com> wrote:
> >
> >> The quick solution? Install Google Chrome or Chromium. It's faster in
> >> most ways, and eats less memory.
> >
> > I want to know the root cause of problem.
> >

> Hard to tell without knowing what websites you had open and what
> extensions you have installed.
>
> Next time it happens you could capture that data perhaps?

That would sure help. Also, what version of Java do you run? (java
-version in a terminal) and where did you install your firefox from? Did
you get it from the repos or straight from firefox? Do you have the
correct video driver installed for your video setup? Lotsa ways your
firefox could go ape. I see a jump in memory consumption with flash, but
the size of the video initially accounts for a lot of that. Oh yes,
where did you install your version of flash from?

While I'm sure you want to remedy the problem, do some homework and give
out some detailed information. CPU, memory, etc. Thanks, Ric

Linux user# 44256