TalkTalk + Huawei HG521 + Ubuntu 10.04.01 i386 + misery, ANY IDEAS?

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Fri Oct 1 16:01:04 UTC 2010

On 1 October 2010 16:48, r <technical500 at talktalk.net> wrote:
> Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0df6:003f Sitecom Europe B.V.

Ok, so you're not alone in this. If you google for the 0df6:003f
sequence of digits and the word Ubuntu you'll find others who have the
same issue. The following blog post I stumbled upon seems to detail
some quite technical details for fixing it. Shouldn't need to move the
machine for this.

http://johnsunixtips.blogspot.com/2010/08/sitecom-wireless-wl-608-54g-usb-dongle.html

> and with the Ethernet cable everything functioned immediately without problem.

Its possible you might get it working without the detail in that blog
post, but I am not 100% convinced of that.

> unfortunately I then reinstalled Windows and Ubuntu wasnt on the boot screen.

For future reference if you install Windows after Ubuntu and it scrubs
the boot screen, this page fixes that:-

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RecoveringUbuntuAfterInstallingWindows

Cheers,
Al.