[Maverick] Installer

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Fri Oct 1 09:29:16 UTC 2010

On 01/10/2010 14:37, Vaibhav Dalvi wrote:

To begin with, why don't you quote only what is necessary in any of your
material - like the signature lines, for example.

> On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 9:55 AM, Basil Chupin <blchupin at iinet.net.au
> <mailto:blchupin at iinet.net.au>> wrote:
>
>     On 01/10/2010 13:14, NoOp wrote:
>     <SNIP>
>
>     Pretty obvious that none of the devs have wifi installed on their
>     computers to be able to test this........
>

> Or is it that they don't have computers to test the OS? [Perhaps they
> develop ubuntu on a la A-pal EYE-Pad.]
> Or one blind guy writes some code, another mute tests it and the users
> are all asylum mates to use it...
> <Its morning laugh guys...>

Sorry, it's late evening here....

> BTW That wifi problem might be related some acpi parameters... I'd a
> hell of a time trying to get my acer emahines e-727 to behave with lcd
> brightness control, and now since I've lcd brightness working, the
> wifi button on the laptop has stopped functioning. If I want to
> shutdown wifi, I need to right click on nm-applet and uncheck[don't
> know why but instead of uncheck, DECHECK came to my mind here!]
> "Enable wireless". Thankfully I'm not bothered much by needing turn
> on/off wifi since there's no wifi network nearby to me.

Ummm, if you had been reading this forum, you would have noted that the
devs use laptops - no desktops in sight.

> This is all on Lucid though. I'm waiting for final release of maverick.

Look forward all you want.....the problem NoOp mentioned, and which I
responded to, was all to do with Maverick. Repeat: *Maverick*. That is,
Ubuntu 10.10 which was made available today as Ubuntu 10.10 Release
Candidate, before 10.10's final release on 10 October.

Are you with me, Tree Person? :-) .

BC

--

"So where's the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?"
           Christina Aquilera