Ubuntu and flash cookies

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Fri Oct 1 08:15:32 UTC 2010

On 01/10/2010 16:01, Doug wrote:
> On 09/30/2010 11:00 PM, Basil Chupin wrote:

>>> They do.  I installed the BetterPrivacy add-on in Firefox and
>>> discovered I had flash cookies going back well over a year.  I now
>>> have it set to delete them after 90 minutes and when I close Firefox.
>>>
>>> http://netticat.ath.cx/BetterPrivacy/BetterPrivacy.htm
>>>

>> Thanks for this - didn't know about this Addon. Now installed - and
>> these cookies now won't last 2 seconds on this computer.
>>
>> BC
>>

> I went to the netticat...website and snapped on the blue gadget at the
> top of
> the page (this was in Windows) and nothing happened.  I went to the Wiki
> page and found a link for windows and snapped on it and was able to install.
> However, the page has downloads for windows and mac os-X, but nothing
> for Linux.
> I went to the main page in Linux and snapped on the blue gadget and again
> nothing happened. How did you d/l this for Linux? I'd like to put this in
> PcLinuxOs, Ubuntu, and Debian.  (PCLO is a KDE distro, the other two are
> Gnome, if it matters.)
>
> Tried to get file with apt-get install.  System said it was doing something
> about dependencies (I forget the wording) and then said it couldn't find
> BetterPrivacy. (PcLOs.)
>
> Please bear in mind that I'm a tyro with file management, etc. in Linux.
> If it doesn't show in Synaptic, or the file-getters in Debian or Ubuntu,
> I usually can't get the file!
>
> --doug

Well, I did nothing special except to do what FF "told" me to do.

I clicked on Tools/Addons/Get Addons/Browse All Addons then searched for
the addon. Clicked on the Add to Firefox...and installed it.

Nothing really mind-boggling.

The only thing I had to do is to restart FF, as the answer to the
question after the addon is installed, and then configure the addon.

I don't know why you had to got to (?)netticat to do any of this.

Your Firefox should automatically select the correct version to install
when you go to Tools/Addons/Get Addons etc.

BC

--
"So where's the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?"
           Christina Aquilera