restoring a guest OS from lvm backup

Tapas Mishra mightydreams at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 06:29:20 UTC 2010

What I tried it is I created another LVM name back on same volumegroup
and the filesystem on backup and lvm1 are same except presence of a
swap space.
Copied the contents of backup direcotries on USB to this backup lvm
but when I try to boot from virt-manager
by restore a saved OS I get following

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/manager.py", line 652, in
restore_saved_callback
    newconn.restore(file_to_load)
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/connection.py", line 681, in restore
    self.vmm.restore(frm)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/libvirt.py", line 1453, in restore
    if ret == -1: raise libvirtError ('virDomainRestore() failed', conn=self)
libvirtError: operation failed: image magic is incorrect

--
Tapas