.djvu annotator for linux?

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 29 22:52:41 UTC 2010

On 11/28/2010 07:18 PM, RLP wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Nov 2010 11:37:59 -0800 NoOp <snipped> wrote:
>
>> On 11/28/2010 04:52 AM, RLP wrote:
>>> I have some .djvu files with good quality. If I exported them to
>>> PDFs, the function of selecting text provided by djview would be
>>> lost.
>>>
>>> I wonder whether there are any decent djvu annotators for linux,
>>> free or commercial?
>> Export to PDF and use xjournal to annotate.
>
> Thanks for your information, but As I have said, exported PDF file
> will lose text information which is always accessible in Djview. As a
> decent PDF reader or PDF annotator, I would not recommend xjournal
> for it can not remember the last position/page one have read. Keeping
> two separated file is also a trouble to maintain documents.

Understand now. djview4 supposedly has some annotation features, but
I've no experience in figuring them out. Okular has a djvu plugin and
can be used for annotations, but that seems to be even more of a kludge
than xjournal w/pdf.

If you do find an annotator outside of this thread, please let us know
what you find.