question regarding SSL

C de-Avillez hggdh2 at ubuntu.com
Mon Nov 29 14:11:40 UTC 2010

On 11/28/2010 08:38 PM, Nathan Bahn wrote:
> I am curious:  Would the use of an anonymous proxy server enhance or detract
> from the security considerations as related to by the original poster? (i.e.:
> Would an anonymous proxy server increase or reduce his security?)

An anonymiser [1] like Tor [2] indeed will enhance your privacy. But
you would have to trust the ingress/egress points not to be trojanised.

It is important not to confuse privacy with security: privacy is one
of the aspects we deal with on security, but privacy alone does not
imply security.

Cheers,

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anonymizer
[2] http://www.torproject.org/