Live news channel streams hang while watching on Ubuntu

Tapas Mishra mightydreams at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 17:16:41 UTC 2010

On watching these links
http://www.ndtv.com/video/live/channel/ndtv24x7
http://ibnlive.in.com/livestreaming/IBN7/
I observe on killing npviewer.bin the resource consumption on my
system goes down to a noticeable extent.
The flash keeps hanging a lot while watching the above links and I
have to time and again restart or refresh the pages and that is
followed via 30 seconds add.
Which is quite annoying.
My OS Lucid 64 bit
Firefox 3.6.12
Chrome 7.0.517.44
Initially I thought it to be an issue with Firefox but then same was
verified when I
watched on Chrome(watch the live news for 20 minutes it will hang).
So this can not be an issue with browser.
I do not use M$ so I can not verify this for OS thing.
The flash on my system is 10,1,102,64

When the system hangs then it is difficult to get even the command
prompt to use
sudo pkill npviewer.bin

So is there a remedy for the same?

--