Totem will not display videos, restricted extras installed

dave selby dave6502 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 08:55:19 UTC 2010

Hi,

I have installed 10.10 on a packard bell easynote, MIT-RHEA-C,
everything seems to work apart from totem, from a fresh install I have
installed ubuntu-restricted-extras but when I try and play a ogv, avi,
mpeg I get the audio but no video,I have 'resize video when a new
video is loaded' ticked and the player resizes to the video aspect
ratio AOK.

I have tried these videos on my main 10.04 box, they all play AOK. I
have played youtube flash videos through chrome just to check that the
hardware is capable, they play AOK at a pretty large display size. I
am pretty stuck !

Any idea anyone ?

Cheers

Dave