run program with another user how?

Tom H tomh0665 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 11:21:33 UTC 2010

On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 5:51 AM, Arthur Bela <jozsi.avadkan at gmail.com> wrote:

> I want to use an application with wine, but not with the user logged
> in -> with another user [it would be a """chroot""" ~like "thing" :D -
> because i don't trust the app...]:
>
> i set the permissions:
>
> chmod 705 -R ANOTHERUSER/
>
> gksu -u ANOTHERUSER xcalc
>
> it asks for a password, i type in the correct passwd, but nothing happens.
>
> What am i doing wrong? :(
>
> it doesn't give any error messages, that i can "google".. :\

I assume that you're typing in the correct password; that of the user
running gksu.

The problem's probably that you have to extract Xauthority from the
gksuing user and merge it into the Xauthority of the gksu'd user. I'm
about to board a flight so I'll have to post a fuller answer later if
this info's not enough.