wacom gui for wacom config in gnome

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 07:26:21 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-11-24 at 19:17 -0600, Albert Wagner wrote:
> On 11/24/2010 06:57 PM, Ric Moore wrote:
> > On Wed, 2010-11-24 at 18:34 -0600, Albert Wagner wrote:
> >
> >> I found a pkg, kde-config-tablet, that purports to have a wacom
> >> configuration gui.  I installed this pkg but cannot see how to invoke
> >> it.  Does this pkg require more to run, e.g. the full KDE desktop?
> >> I an running Ubuntu 10.10.
> >>
> > Did you install it using a gui package manager or apt-get? If so, it
> > should have pulled in all of it's dependencies automagically. Ric
> >

> Yes, I used Synaptic.  But, where is it?  How do I execute it?

Well, yes, I would suppose it ~would~ need KDE and kdm to run.

Just re-open Synaptic, find that installed package, click on properties
and installed files, then see what it installed in /usr/bin. Huh, I just
fired up synaptic and don't see this package you mention. I have both
gnome and KDE installed. But, I do find "mypaint" for Wacom tablets so I
have just dnloaded it for ducks.

It claims "This is a pressure sensitive Wacom tablet paint program. It
comes with a large brush collection including charcoal and ink to
emulate real media, but the highly configurable brush engine allows you
to experiment with your own brushes and with not-quite-natural
painting."

I would suppose this would enable your tablet from the get-go. It's only
5 megs worth, which includes the data package for it. Have you tried
this instead?  It installs the "mypaint" binary in /usr/bin. Give it a
whirl! Ric

Linux user# 44256