2 problems with Lucid

Tom H tomh0665 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 10:54:14 UTC 2010

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 5:16 AM, Alain Muls <alain.muls at telenet.be> wrote:

> 1. From time to time Lucid logs me out when I leave my PC unattended?
> I cannot find any regularity in there, but when I get back from
> teaching courses, sometimes all is OK, sometimes I have to log in
> again.

It doesn't log you out. The screen-saver is password-protected. Change
this setting by going to "System - Preferences - Screensaver" and
unticking "Lock screen...".

> 2. I changed my password (tried it using GUI as well as CLI), but
> since I had chosen the "unsafe option" for the keyring, I have now to
> enter my old password to unlock the keyring. Where can I change the
> password for the keyring?

Change the keyring password by going to "System - Preferences -
Passwords and Encryption Keys", right-clicking on the keyring, and
selecting "Change password".