Is this PC doa? (was a formatting question)

Steve Flynn anothermindbomb at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 15:14:05 UTC 2010

On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 5:58 AM, Basil Chupin <blchupin at iinet.net.au> wrote:

> However, one thing which I have never bothered to determine (never had
> to do so) is how can SpirRite handle an HD is it stops even spinning up?

It can't. Then again, short of taking the motor out and replacing it,
nothing will be able to read it.

> However, when I mentioned grc's Shields Up! in some Linux-related forum
> (here I think but not sure) I was told by a couple of "gurus" that Steve
> 'doesn't know anything' and is, basically, a 'charlatan' (but these were
> not the words used.)

He's a bit of a drama queen - recall his "the world is ending" with
half-open connections bollocks. Mind you, drummed some traffic to his
site so it was effective.

He writes for the non-technical crowd so it's easy  to point flaws in
his descriptions where he's over simplified. Didn't do himself and
favours with the scaremongering mentioned on the previous sentence
however.

--
Steve

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0