OT: Really wireless (was Re: wireless mouse)

Mark mhullrich at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 01:45:15 UTC 2010

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 5:37 PM, Richard Owlett <rowlett at pcnetinc.com> wrote:

> No.  A very serious warning.
> May I suggest that you contact whatever authority combats "Elder
> Abuse" in your jurisdiction.

They're not very good at it, although they seem to try.  Some.

>> :-)
>
> Sad. so sad. To but in terms of your apparent generation, I'm
> older than Linus Torvalds' father.

Well, if you're going to be insulting, you really are old!  :-)

BTW, :-) is never sad.  Even someone in "your generation" should be
able to appreciate that smileys and similar emoticons make much
clearer the intent and inflection of the writer whom you cannot hear
over the web.  Since most people are not professional writers, and
have little time to invest in such, smileys/emoticons are more helpful
than not (especially when they really irritate the hell out of you!).

Besides, I may be younger than Ole, but I'm old enough to be Linus's
father myself, and young enough to appreciate his work.

(With a straight face) People are people, weird or not.  Some are just
more people than others.