Moving bootloaader from MBR to ubuntu root partitiion

Trey Sizemore trey at fastmail.fm
Fri Nov 19 17:10:20 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-11-20 at 00:54 +0800, Goh Lip wrote:
> On Saturday 20,November,2010 12:44 AM, Goh Lip wrote:
> > So, use force:)
> >
> > sudo grub-install --force /dev/sda1
>
> assuming your /boot is in / at  /dev/sda1

Thanks.  It appears that the operation worked, but when I reboot the
machine, I still get the grub list of OS's and can boot into Ubuntu.

Is there a way to tell where the bootloader is currently installed?  I
would have assumed that I would have had nothing on the MBR at this
point until the install of the 3rd party bootloader (GAG).

-Trey