Strange update

Jim Byrnes jf_byrnes at comcast.net
Thu Nov 18 19:45:00 UTC 2010

I am running Ubuntu10.04 amd64. (Lucid)

An update manager notification popped up in the tray.  I clicked on it
and the manager opened showing available updates and I scrolled through
it like normal and then clicked on the install button.

After some activity a dialog popped up with: Insert disk labeled Ubuntu
10.10 Maverick Meekrat_release_amd64(20101007)

I canceled it and the install continued.  At the end I got a dialog
saying: An error occurred  details

W: Failed to fetch cdrom:[Ubuntu
10.10_Maverick)Meekrat_release_amd64[20101007]/pool/main/d/dkms/dkms_2.1.1.2-3ubuntu_all.deb

I cleared that and restarted the system and all seems to be well.

It can't be a coincidence that yesterday I downloaded Meekrat amd64 and
installed it in virtual box.  I couldn't get the guest additions to
install until I found I needed to do sudo  apt-get install
virtualbox-ose-guest-x11. I'm sure I did that inside of virtualbox.

I wonder if this has happened to anyone else?  Is there a way to keep it
from trying to apply Meekrat updates in the future?

Thanks,  Jim