Another funny....

Mark mhullrich at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 18:29:33 UTC 2010

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 7:13 AM, Cybe R. Wizard
<cyber_wizard at mindspring.com> wrote:

> One would naturally think that, I guess.  Personally, I've solved more
> Linux problems of mine by googling for the answers than I have ever had
> good help with here.  In fact, the Usenet group, alt.os.linux.ubuntu
> (which has /lots/ more than its share of morons (I'm one)) has given me
> more help over the years than I've ever had here.
> I'll even go so far as to say that this list in particular has never
> yet given me good advise/help with /any/ serious Linux problem with
> which I have come to it (I do still have one outstanding problem with
> which I am contending and which has seen no solution anywhere). I have
> solved some problems elsewhere that I originally asked about here, got
> no help and then reported back on them here for posterity after getting
> a solution some other way.

Ouch.

Could it be you keep asking for advise when what you want is advice?

(Kidding.)

Point me at some of your unanswered questions and I'll be happy to see
if I can help, since I'm relatively new here and don't spend a lot of
time looking for old problems with no solutions.  (Off list, please.)