wireless mouse

Mark mhullrich at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 09:04:40 UTC 2010

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 10:17 PM, Kaushal Shriyan
<kaushalshriyan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am planning to buy a wireless mouse. Please suggest me the make of
> the mouse which is supported by Ubuntu Linux 10.04

Pick one.  Any one.

Linux neither supports nor fails to support mice.  If it plugs in and
acts like a mouse, it will almost certainly work.  Period.  The
protocol is long well-established.

There is a huge myth about this hardware support kind of thing when it
comes to the most primitive, critical devices around - keyboards and
mice.  They haven't changed all that much over the years, unless you
are looking for some exotic language support - for a keyboard.  Mice
don't do languages.

The only "support" you generally need is for the flashy gadgets that
come with the keyboards and/or mice and only work on Windows or Macs
(because who the heck uses Linux anyway but geeks?).

But, you did ask for a suggestion - Logitech.  They claim they don't
support Linux at all, but their hardware works nicely with it.