FULLY functional install of Ubuntu 10.10 to USB stick in a WinXP enviroment

Richard Owlett rowlett at pcnetinc.com
Wed Nov 17 19:45:58 UTC 2010

Mark wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 11:47 AM, Richard Owlett<rowlett at pcnetinc.com>  wrote:
>>
>> I didn't intend to.
>> I used the screens given by going to/thru
>> System>Administration>Startup Disk Creator .
>>
> Having never used that before, I just took a look at it, and from the
> Help file that is associated with it, it seems like that is exactly
> what it does - it installs the Live CD image on your flash drive.
> Again, though, I haven't run it, so if the help and the action are not
> the same, YMMV.  That does seem to be an issue with a few of the
> Help's I've looked up in Maverick.

Looks like I got confused by reading so much unorganized (N.B. I
didn't say disorganized) information. The result was close to
what I wanted. But, as 'they' say, close only counts for
horseshoes and nuclear devices ;/

I just got a treasure trove of information for one of my long
term projects. Windows works. *nix (Ubuntu or otherwise) doesn't.
It' now on a far back burner until someone comes up with a usable
installer.

Thanks for your attempts to help.