sftp on Ubuntu

Jonesy gmane at jonz.net
Wed Nov 17 16:08:09 UTC 2010

On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 08:03:30 +0530, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:

> Can someone please guide me to setup sftp on Ubuntu ?

In konqueror you can use:  [sftp://remote.host.TLD  ]
                      Or:  [fish://remote.host.TLD  ]

Then you split konq's screen vertically and open up the local filesystem
in the second pane.  You can move, copy back and forth both
individual files, and -- by block marking with the cursor -- groups of
files.  You can rename, and rename -- again, individually or by groups.

I run KDE here, but I don't see why other window managers' browsers
wouldn't have the same capability.

HTH
Jonesy
--
  Marvin L Jones    | jonz          | W3DHJ  | linux
   38.24N  104.55W  |  @ config.com | Jonesy |  OS/2