Separate /home partition

Mark mhullrich at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 16:20:40 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 1:47 AM, Colin Law <clanlaw at googlemail.com> wrote:

> What about files in /home that may be currently in use?

Typically they get copied from whatever their current state is.  If
it's a moving target, you won't get the final image, just what was
there when the copy program went through.

> Is .gvfs a problem here?

In what sense?  If you do this in single-user mode, no.

> I am not sure that the majority of users would know this meant, even
> if it were correct.

That is also possible.

My point was that while people who do this sort of thing need to be
careful (and really should know what they're doing), it isn't terribly
complicated or hard to do, even correctly.  Extra care doesn't always
imply extra complications.