64bit Linux drivers for wireless-n obda:8192

Tarun Khanna tarunkhanna at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 14:58:24 UTC 2010

I have a Wireless-N usb dongle that used to work on my Ubuntu 10.04. However
it suddenly stopped working after an update. I think the kernel was updated
and that somehow screwed up the driver.

I am on kernel 2.6.32-25-generic now. Does anyone know what driver is needed
for the usb dongle?

'lsusb' output gives a device id of *obda:8192*
The driver in the kernel staging area r8192s_usb, definitely doesn't work.
It loads fine but can't connect to any network.

I have spent hours going through all the threads on this topic without any
success.
 Thanks,
Tarun